Sunday, September 27, 2009

Tour de Fat Amigos

For this magnificent bike parade I carried around with me my Diana mini 35mm camera. I have a love of film that I do not share with the digital medium of photography. Dont get me wrong I think that digital is great and I use some expensive slr's for my professional work but for photographs for me I stick to film. This film is very special because it comes from the Agfa factory which no longer runs. It provides wonderfully vibrant colors that no other film has the ability to deliver. The diana camera creates a dreamlike blur which is perfect for the bottom shot because it seems like a scene right out of a dream with a girl jump ropping between two bikes. The camera is also a halframe camera which went extinct ages ago. It lets me take 2 shots on one single frame. It is amazing. For me this camera was love at first sight. I bought it when I first saw it without a moments hessitation. The top frame of this pictue just came out so well and is the perfect example of shooting from the hip. As I was on my bike I simply turned around and took some shots of these three guys in thier wrestling outfits. They look like 3 badass wrestlers out for a ride. It reminds me of a scene right out of a comic book where the heroes strike a pose when they arrive somewhere :P

3 comments:

  1. Un blog qui me semble sympa mais je n'arrive pas à le décrire il faudrait peut être un outil de traduction bonne journée

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi! thats interesting. i also use diana anyway, but using 120mm. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know that AGFA didn't exist anymore! That is sad.

    ReplyDelete