Monday, July 5, 2010

460 Solitude

This drawing is inspired "December Night" by Alfred de Musset. If you will then I shall share with you the last excerptfrom this poem.
The Vision speaking to the Poet:

Neither a god nor fiend am I,
Neither thy guardian nor ally,
Not yet mankind's destructive star.
Those whom I love, I dont know
Wither their busy footsteps go
Over this mire on which we are.

Yet thou and I have but one father,
And when thou hailest me a brother,
It is a name to which I own.
Whither thou roamest, I shall roam
Until thy final day shall come,
And I shall sit upon thy stone.

Heav'n made me keeper of thy heart,
And when thy sorrows most do smart,
Come unto me without distress,
And I shall follow thy command;
And yet I cannot touch thy hand,
My friend; for I am solitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment