Monday, June 14, 2010

439 Do Not Prepare for Victory Instead Prepare Yourself for Death

I think of my uncle as the all knowing wise man. He does not speak much but when he does he says very wise things. One has to listen carefuly because he gives out valuable advice when it is most needed. Tonight he said do not think of crossing the bridge when you are nowhere near it. This particular saying is in context of my aunt thinking of what future success may come my way. So the saying translates as one should not think of rewards and ritches and success when one is still striving to get there. To think of success when one is still nowhere near it leads one not to work as hard for their goals. It creates a falls sense of security that lulls us into thinking that things will simply fall into our lap when it will not.
My uncles saying made me think of another phrase I heard of a long time ago. Do not prepare yourself for Victory, instead prepare yourself for death. It is when we see failure and accept is as a very real possibility that we truly do anything in order to suceed. This is when we risk everything and that is what one must do to become a success in the world.

1 comment:

  1. Hello, just a fellow artist surfing around :) Totally digging your art and your blog! Love it! :D

    ReplyDelete