Sunday, December 27, 2009

269 Persimmon Tale

Some may ask how is this a drawing and not a painting? Well I post up this still life today to adress the question of what separates drawing from painting? What does everyone think? Is there a difference and if there is what separates the two diciplines?
For this I use a drawing medium which is pastels but I approached in in a painterly way by seeing planes of color in relationship to one another. For me there really is no separation from painting and drawing. Both are ways to express an idea. Many times I use a combination of mediums that makes it difficult for me to categorize what mode of creation the final work falls into.

1 comment:

  1. well, it doesn't matter for me.. i still adore your works :)

    and this one is absolutely kick-ass!!

    ReplyDelete