Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Updates about Rolfed

Well I have been spending a lot of time in my studio lately. I am so happy to have the time to come down to the studio and work the night away. It is so relaxing compared with just a few weeks ago with school going on and not having enought time for anything at all.
So these days at me studio have been spent consuming lots of tea and listening to lots of NPR on my ipod while creating artwork. I have been backed up with many episodes of Wait Wait and this American life and it is sad that I have already exausted my surplus. I now work my way through about 20 episodes of fresh air that I have stocked up on.
As for the artwork I have been working on I have been a still life painting machine. I have 8 still lifes that I have laying around the studio waiting to dry. They are only small paintings some 8x10in and others 11x14in but they are sprawled out about the floor. Still lifes are great practice and I love doing them. I am looking for interesting color combinations as well as honing my painting abilities. This is all so that I can finally finish up my big fish heads on a golden platter painting thats been on my easel for many months.
Alas I have to call it a night and head on home for some sleep. If only I didnt have a day job to go to early tomoro then I would keep on painting :) I shall bring you all pictures of all the still lifes that I am doing very soon.

1 comment:

  1. Rolfe!!! you should definitely write on your blog like this more often.. i really enjoyed reading what you are up to!! can't wait to see the paintings..

    best..

    ReplyDelete