Saturday, March 21, 2009

Art for the People

Many people have asked me why my work is priced so low. They have told me that they would be willing to pay much more for a piece of work. Well I believe that everyone should be able to afford a piece of art. Art should not be a luxury available only to the wealthy. It is important that anyone can have access to the work that truly means something to them. I have priced my paintings to cover the time and materials i have spent on them as well as to pay for the studio in which I work in. Everything that I make goes into creating more art. It is a wonderful never ending cycle. In the end I would give my artwork for free if money were not a constraint that binds me. Untill then I pledge to make my work available to as many people as possible.

1 comment:

  1. I must admit I think I might have mentioned that to you or at least thought of your work as being too inexpensive. I see what you are saying now. It's too bad we put so much value on money when art, nature and getting along with people is so much more important. Bravo to you!

    Happy Trails,
    Marcella

    ReplyDelete