Tuesday, August 18, 2009

137 Red Matter

Its red. Its matter. Simple enough. No one really knows what this stuff is but it is extremely rare and one cannot even fathom what it can do. Personally I use it as a kind of sauce for everything I eat but it is not at all similar to ketchup.

Seriously though I find my self very attracted to the abstract expressionist approach. I have always been a fan of it and only in these recent years have I started to delv into the relm of this movement. I believe that one must first learn the fundamentals of art before they can even begin an abstract work. It is too often that I find people who do not have the artistic skill and use abstraction as a fallback to create art. So many paintings go wrong in the hands of those who choose abstraction as a fall back because it isnt. Its a liberating experience from trying to render or communicate through symbols. These are waves of emotions on canvas and it truly takes a lot of work to depict such things.

No comments:

Post a Comment