Monday, August 24, 2009

143 Back to School

It is that time of year when I go back to school once more. I love it but it has really made me reflect on my sittuation. It is ironic that going to school is the path to earning more money yet it drives one to poverty in the process. The cost of books and tuition are up plus this year I have more books than ever. I have thought of ways to cut costs the one big thing that I am thinking of cutting is my ART STUDIO.
The only reason I am still at my current studio is because there is no room for me to create from home. If I had the means to draw or paint at home then I would certainly be doing it from the comforts of my own home. There is really nothing to gain from the studio. In the past year that I have been there I have sold only one actual painting and it was of a model that I drew and it was severely marked down in price. I often contemplate finding another artist to take over my rent. Honestly it would be a smart move for I can reach a much greater audience through the internet. I tried to make a pros and cons list and so far there are no pros for staying at my current studio except for working but I can perhaps make a spot for me to work at home. It puts a drain on my time to prepare it each month for showing, traveling there, transporting supplies ect... It also puts a big drain on my wallet. A drain that I dont need right now. That money can be saved or go towards supplies and really needed things in my life right now. hrrm I just needed to vent some frustrations and figure out my next move before I dig a hole to deep to climb out of. My mind says to me in a loud echoing voice, "MOVE OUT. MAKE ART AT HOME. YOU DONT NEED A SECOND STUDIO AT THE GALLERY UNDERGROUND".

No comments:

Post a Comment