Friday, July 31, 2009

New Drawing Series

For this next series I draw inspiration from a principle used by street artists. A work of street art is something that is born from the environment that surrounds it. It talks of the immediate world around them and points out things that a person would normally miss. I bring this idea of creating work that relates to the world around them with the help of frames. I have found some random picture frames and working backwards I plan to create drawings that relate to these frames somehow. The frames create the art much like a street artist using the world around them to create a piece.

p.s. Sadly I cannot scan in the frames that accompany the work so the drawings shall have to be viewed by themselves, but one can always view these drawings in their frames up close and in person at my studio :)

No comments:

Post a Comment